Sunday, 10 April 2011

Bringing it back into focus

So I may have mentioned that I can easily be distracted......oh look at the pretty shiny thing....oh sorry what was I saying...oh yes. So I am most definity easily distracted. I was hoping the "big thing" that Mills and Boon were teasing at the end of March would be another New Voices comp but alas it wasn't, they are however doing a series of Royal Romance workshops.....if you are interested check out the events on their Facebook page.

Anyway where was I.....oh look a webpage full of cute cats how sweet!...........What? Oh yeah sorry I was talking about how easily distracted I am. With the lack of a competition for me to focus on I was free falling with my writing. I am the type of person who works well with a deadline, under pressure and by the seat of my granny pants! Then like a light at the end of a very long and soul sucking tunnel came Julia from my UCW group who posted this submission (click here for details). They are looking for shifter stories between 15k and 80k in words, of all heat levels from sweet and loving to rip your clothes off dirty! The best thing of all the August 1st deadline!!!!   

Now I make no promises that I will actually submit anything to it but at least I have something to focus on now. With the help of my personal editors and the UCW group I think I maybe able to submit something that might be worth reading. I have started a story that was meant for the Breathless competition but at the moment it’s just something I am playing around with trying to find a rhythm before I really get stuck in. Then maybe I can experiance the extreme highs and crashing lows of editing or as Teresa Morgan will tell you ADDiting.

I am going to need a poke with your elbows to stay on track but knowing you lot I don't think I will need to ask twice!!!  You lot are mean......lets just say in this week along have been threatened with whips and rulers and all sorts.........writers can be mean!!!!!

On a side bar if you check the link on the right---------> you will see one to my girl Suz's All Pulp review which I have mentioned before and one for my girl Alyssa Fox who's first book Road to Recovery will be out in about a month, the website has a excerpt which will wet your palates!

Enjoy the weather! In London we are in the low 20's.....ahhhhhhh nice! Shame I am a burner.....I actually make snow look tanned I am that white! 

So with a small smile and a wink to those of the UCW group who are currently threaten all sorts of mean and vile things if I don’t get back to my story I say....tell the next time people! Oh look a website full of cute baby animals.....squuuuueeeeeeeelll


3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you found that link! Good luck with your wip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're not enjoying yourself today young lady, there are wip's to be written *looking stern at Cherie*
    Oh and you're not on your own with needing things to focus on, all my best stuff is done by the skin of my teeth, right on a deadline :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. But its sunny out Xandra!!!! Yep I work best when there is a looming deadline!

    ReplyDelete