Friday, 3 June 2011

some ups and downs of late

It’s been a while since I have posted and that’s mostly down to the fact it’s been a month of highs and lows.

I am on a high having finally reached the 20k mark on my WIP *does happy dance*, have been away with my mum and one of my sisters to Hastings, just in time for a little bit of a heat wave. I have random tan lines....seriously don't ask! I am enjoying writing my story and although it is not panning out the way originally thought it would its still going head at a fair old pace! 

The lows came when we lost my mum's best friend Louise, early last week. She was a lovely lady and my mum's favourite travelling companion. Both my mum and Louise had been husbandless for over 20 years and at a time in their lives when they no longer had to worry about children or other people. They had been friends for many years, been to many countries together and talked every single day. It had been really sad and quiet with out her but I know she is now with her husband again and that is something she has always wanted.
Ok enough of the melancholy, Louise is the last person who would stand for it so I won't dwell......she may come back just to slap my up side the head for being like that!

Some great news comes from one of my UCW girls Karin, HQN have asked for her full manuscript!! Watch this space people looks like she will be published before the year is out!!!  

I have said it before and I will say it again UCW ROCK!!!!!!  I personally have had a couple of crisis of confidence over the last little bit but the girls, whether they realise it or not have been supportive, encouraging and on some occasions a little threatening!!!!  Having that support is priceless and I thank them because they keep me on the, well I was going to say straight and narrow but that would be a lie, especially after some of the stories they have been writing recently! Dear me, talk about make sure you are not drinking as you start to read cause you will end up spitting the contents all over your computer screen!! To think most of them look like butter wouldn't melt!!  :D

Anyway that’s me for now; I have a story to finish so stop distracting me!!!   ......oh look pretty shiny things maybe I will get back to writing in a minute.........Seriously Jo, Doris, Kiru, Karin put down the shoes I am writing you don't need to throw them at me!!!!!! *ducks as slippers come flying at my head*


4 comments:

  1. I actually haven't got any slippers to throw, will have to use my crocs instead ;-)

    Sorry to hear about your mum's friend. Never easy to lose someone, so many hugs to your mum and you.

    Now get back to writing, I need to know what happens next! Chop, chop...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again on hitting the 20K mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I threw my crocs last time, can't find them anywhere and I'm not throwing havianas- too soft. Now theres a nice pair of scholls lurking around somewhere!!!! Don't make me find them
    Sorry about mum's mate. SHe will still be with you both tho".
    take care get typing get posting !1

    ReplyDelete