Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Ever had.....

One of those moments where there is a blinding light and you can see the rest of your life laid out in front of you as clear as day??  I had one of those moments this week and not in a good way...I repairing the office coffee machine...yep I am IT and FACILITIES which basically means, if it crashes, leaks or sets on fire its my problem ........and I realised that this was going to be my life forever!!!!  Cue me screaming loudly as the screen fades to black.

I then did what ever 21st centenary person does in this day and age....I posted it on Face book and Twitter....don't judge me people you know you do it too! Which lead to people commenting on it and reminding me that I am not in a rut at all, I am simply waiting for the right publisher to realise that the manuscript I have sent them is actually the work of a genius...or, you know, a half way decent writer at the very least and then I will be sailing off into the glorious sun set.

Having never been very good at waiting, hello spoilt youngest child here, this is proving a test of my self restraint but hay if it don't kill you it makes you stronger right???

On to other news....UCW ladies are blowing up with contracts right now! Doris, Karina, Alannah, Raven, Kiru, Xandra, Alyssa, and our newest inmate Donna have all received contracts for their stories in the last month. Doris, Alannah and Raven have had works accepted by Breathless Press as part of their anthology Hot Shot Anthology Vol 2 which will be realised at the end of November. Once I have confirmation of all the release dates for all the newly signed books I will totally be pimping the here! Talking of Pimp-tasic let me tell you about Xandra's new web page! It will be full of great stuff so check it out here seriously. I don't think it has been officially launched yet but it is definitely going to be the place to be!

Don't forget to visit me at the Nuthouse all the ladies above and some I haven't mentioned yet are there!  Over 18's only cause really, you never know what you will find there............  *big bawdy wink*

UCW have their Scotland meet up this weekend.............I will post all those "suitable" pics next time.

Now to leave you with a little excerpt from Claiming Clara..... my second WIP.....I know I mentioned last time I was writing a Domme story but that isn't even a chapter yet so I thought I would tease you with this...:
Claiming Clara - By Cherie Nicholls

Heath glared down at his mate who stared back. Clara rolled her eyes at the pair, she glanced at Wall who continued to watch her every move.
He raised his hand slowly with his fist closed; he pulled out a finger like he was counted them,
One, he mouthed at her, you hid the note from me
Clara’s breath caught, oh shit.
Two, you dumped my ass
Clara wanted to ignore him, to look away but she knew what he was doing, and no matter how hurt her body was it was still reacting to him with such a strong need she wanted to crawl out of the bed and over to him.
Three, you ran from me
Four, you ran to St Clair
Clara looked at his hand with only his thumb tucked in and waited,
Five, you got shot scaring the hell out of me.
The open palm looked back at her, now her body started to ache in an entirely different way; it heated up knowing exactly what that hand meant.
“It’s not my fault.” She said aloud drawing that attention of the other two who had still been glaring at each other.
“Of course its not hon.” Laney smiled at her. “I blame my big headed brother for not telling me sooner, and trust me when I say he will be taught a lesson.”
“Duke’s not to blame, he was helping me.” Clara explained. Wall’s low growl caught their attention. “He saved my life,” she explained to the other man,
“That’s the only reason he is still alive.” Wall growled.

Copy right Cherie Nicholls 2011



6 comments:

  1. Loving the excerpt Cherie. Don't fear, your turn for a contract will come soon, I can just feel it :-)

    And yeah Scotland, how excited am I?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pimping the new site, Cherie! :D

    And I agree with Doris, your writing is too good to be un-noticed for long. You'll be snapped up as quick as anything (now get writing!!).

    And I loved the excerpt - excellent stuff xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the excerpt and you're not in a rut. So keep writing, the right publisher is just round the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great excerpt! Your turn will come babe!!!

    ReplyDelete