Thursday, 24 November 2011

Xandra James visits....No she was not kidnapped.....well not much

Today visiting I have Xandra James, author of the up coming release Reluctant Revenge and creator of  The Book Bordello........ Noone was kidnapping in the making of this blog.....not really...


Hi Xandra! Welcome to my blog, make yourself at home, put your feet up…oh and don’t worry about wolf in the corner, he is friendly honestly.


Hey Cherie – thanks for having me over. These fluffy handcuffs are very comfortable, by the way. Has wolfy eaten today? *keeps an eye on the dog*


They are for your own safety, errr, honestly. Now for those out there that may not be as well acquainted with you as I am, tell them a little about yourself.


The good parts AND the bad parts? I might put off a few of your readers…


I'm a 33 year old Brit who owns more boxes of books than I do underwear. I'm also the Queen of Procrastination. There's not an excuse in existence that I haven't used as to why I'm not writing or haven't finished a manuscript! When I'm done procrastinating for the day, I love reading and watching movies with my long suffering hubby, oh and conveniently forgetting to do the housework… My first e-book novella is out on December 1st and I'm equal parts elated and completely terrified at the prospect.


Can you tell us a little more about Reluctant Revenge?


I'd love to.


Here's the official blurb:


Nash was bound to her completely – by a blood connection and a deep desire. An Enforcer for the Supranormal community, he was obligated to protect the sexy assignment from those who coveted her future Angelic abilities, but can he forgive the woman whose family had devastated his world?


Sienna, upon the realisation she'd been betrayed by her family for keeping her birthright a secret, seeks solace in the arms of her surly and reluctant protector; a demon hybrid with a secret of his own. Can she come to terms with her destiny after discovering that she could be as dangerous as those Nash was protecting her from?



Oooh, that sounds right up my street!


What led you to write this story? Was there a spark of inspiration from something?


R/R originally started its life back as a first chapter in the New Voices 2010 contest (the one from Mills & Boon). There were lots (and lots) of much better chapters than mine and, suffice to say, I didn't place at all.  So, S/S went through a major re-write. The only thing that stayed the same was the heroine. I love Sienna; she's cute, sassy and can totally handle Nash.

When I had my story figured, I then went and found two pictures that inspired me. Just so happened they were of Hugh Jackman and Julianne Hough… Nash and Sienna were born!



hmmmmm Hugh Jackman.....*swoon*

When will Reluctant Revenge be out and where can we get it??


It's out on the 1st December from Pink Petal Books (www.pinkpetalbooks.com)  and will be available from Amazon and all good e-book stores a little before Christmas (a perfect gift, if I do say so myself ;) Lol). 

That is ONE WEEK TODAY PEOPLE!!!....just thought I would mention that!!


If there was one piece of advice you could give aspiring authors out there what would it be?


There's plenty of good advice out there that you should completely listen to. But one of the things that helped me personally was learning the structure of a book. I thought, having read many books in my life-time, that I would know how to put together a book. I was wrong (I found this out when I wrote my first, lol). Have an open mind to everything as you never know when you'll learn something new that will help you immensely.

Can I leave you with an excerpt? Here's a little taster of Nash feeling a little conflicted at his current situation. I hope you enjoy it :D

I would be offended if you didn't!! So here you go guys and gals, a little excerpt from Releuctant Revenge by Xandra James



   Nash hadn't meant to freak her out. Okay, maybe he had just a little. But he hadn't expected her to run off into the night with him stuck in demon-mode. He turned to see her pass the perimeter of the car park and turn to sprint down the road. She was fast, he'd give her that. 


   He had to wait those precious few seconds before getting out of the car as he couldn't exactly go running around the neighbourhood like he was. He'd scare the shit out of some unsuspecting motorist. Not only that, it was illegal for him as an Enforcer for the Supranormal community to switch in public unless under personal attack.


   A slightly more primal reason was sitting right there in between his legs. His demon half was a horny beast and it took just a whiff of hot female and he was ready for action. And Sienna Clementi was definitely a hot female. 


   Nash cracked his neck and reined in the demon inside. His hard-on, however, barely moved. He sighed and got out of the car. Adjusting himself so that he could run comfortably, he looked towards the point where Sienna had disappeared and took off at speed.


   Within seconds her smell assaulted his senses. She was alluring and sexy and everything he'd screw in a second - if he didn't have the urge to kill her and dump her on the doorstep of her father's house. He grinned, as the air whipped at his face and neck. Guilt niggled at him for being attracted to her. He shouldn't think like that – she was his assignment. He couldn't look at her like the daughter of the man who'd killed his fiancĂ©, however much his demon wanted to. Of course, his demon also wanted to brand her as his own too but that wasn't going to happen. Not with a Clementi, no fucking way.


   It was bad enough he found her mind numbingly beautiful. Every atom of his body wanted to peel that dress from her curves and bury himself deep inside her. Images of her silky golden hair cascading down her bare shoulders, tickling her lovely full boobs, made him push his legs harder. Disgust at his weakness rushed through his veins. Nash couldn't act on these impulses, he wouldn't let himself. Focus on the assignment, that's all he could do.


   As he brought his mind back to chasing said woman down, he became aware of something else. His training kicked in as he detected a threat close by. Strix. He pushed himself hard in an effort to get to Sienna before they did. 






Thank for stopping by Xandra!!!  See it wasn’t so painful….sorry about the wolf sitting on your feet, it means he likes you honestly!!!


I loved chatting with you today and I didn't even mind the feet warmer. Can you take the handcuffs off now?


Sure...err......now where did I put those keys????



You can find more about Xandra here....



Xandra's Romance Book Blog - The Book Bordello
 

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm, loving that excerpt, Xandra, Can't wait for your release day!!

    So exciting :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks for hosting me Cherie! Loved doing it :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thanks Doris - neither can I (I think, lol)! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're both nuts, you know that, right? Lol
    Love the excerpt Xandra and good luck for release day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweetie.

    Good luck with the release. However, I now have a Hugh Jackson erection consuming my mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Xand! It was mucho fun...sorry again about the handcuffs! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Karina... and I'll take that as a compliment, hehehe

    And Donna, there's worse things than having a Hugh erection consuming your mind, am I right? ;) lol

    Thanks for stopping by! x

    ReplyDelete