Friday, 23 December 2011

Turkey Time!!!

OK first off Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

It's that time of year where I get far too excited about the presents under the tree. I like to have a nose to see if I can guess what could be in there....you would think at my age that I would be over that but nahhhhh it's all part of Christmas.

Some people get melancholy about the past year and what has happened and I have to say that this has been one of the better years I have had in a while. Publishing contracts, no recurrence of the cancer for my mum and my family as a whole seem to all be healthy for a change. We lost my mum's best friend in April and I know my mum misses her a lot but I know she is happy now, back with her husband and her parents. It is thoughts like that that make me smile.

Now can I just share a little bit of a Christmas laugh for you....recently in my day job we had our staff party....I was asked to be "Secret Santa" I agreed I just hadn't expected there to be a costume...



As you can, as one of my best friends said, I look more like a slutty super hero then a Santa but hay it's all in the spirit of fun! *hangs head in shame*

I have done little to no writing over the last few weeks, my current wip needs loads of reworking and with all the craziness with Christmas and I have had that nasty tummy bug going around *shudders*

This is just a quick note to say:

Don't forget that you still have time to enter the Christmas give away over at the Nuthouse! The link is on the right!!


Merry Christmas and I wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year!!


Here's to a great holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. well you can give me my present ANY TIME... er Alcide? David? .. go on tell me

    ReplyDelete