Sunday, 27 May 2012

The sun is smiling and so am I

The last two weeks, maybe three have seen me go through a plethora of emotions, from fear and uncertainty to jubilation and happiness.

In the early hours of a Saturday morning I had finally sent of Book 2, in the Shifters of Hillside series, Leashed by a Wolf is book 1. Claiming Clara left my email and straight away I started to freak out.

Why did I send that? It's not good enough!

OMG they haven't replied yet, it's been a whole 15 minutes! They hate it.

Dear God did I send it to the right email address?

Did I give them the right email address for me?

That was pretty much everything I thought, on a loop, for the next days..... until I woke early one morning... and checked my email. (smart phones rule). There was an email from the publisher.

Laying there in the morning light I took a breath and opened the email.....

...... We loved your story, and I’m delighted to offer you a contract for publication........

Right there, in my bed with the hazy sunlight streaming in through crack in the curtains I did the only think I could think of that wouldn't wake the rest of the household. 

A laying down happy dance....no not that sort of "happy" dance.

I literally did a shimmy and even throw in the "walk like an Egyptian" move or two.

The weather here had been awful. Rain, hail, storms all sorts of extremes. But to me from that point on the sun had his, or her, hat on and I was walking on sunshine. 


Now days later I am still flying high and waiting, perhaps not patiently, for cover art!


Claiming Clara will be out on August 13th and I am more scared and proud and terrified and excited then I can even begin to describe.


I then went away with my mum and one of my sisters for a few days.....side note...when you are the baby of the family, not matter how old you get when your older sibling gets an idea you had better go along with it or else.... my sister decided we needed to try out the camera on my new phone...which I am loving fyi.


This is one of the results...don't ask..just don't ask...





Yes, that is me sitting is a field....no there are no fields like that in London...just so you know.

 The weather had turned and from behind the clouds came the sun, shining brighter then it had previously this year. It was just a the cherry on the cake from all the panicking and worrying and well, rain.

Now it is nearly time for me to go back to work, and although I would rather stay home....fingers crossed for that winning lotto ticket...I am just relaxed enough to go back and enjoy it again.....famous last words I know!

I hope your last few weeks have been just as great and if you have had the chance to enjoy the enjoy the sun. Remember suntan lotion is your friend, especially if you are white as snow like me!

Until next time: Remember: graffiting the walls of the dungeon with Kitten Rules! is not big of clever...don't say I didn't warn you!

 



6 comments:

  1. I for one am so looking forward to reading Wall and Clara in a 'oner' congratulations, oh and i love your field.. even if you do look lost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again on your contract. Can't wait for Claiming Clara to release. I love that story!

    And hey, you sitting in a field, is a lovely pic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on Claiming Clara, we told you you could do it :)
    Oh, and were there any sheep in that field?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Cherie! And I love that picture of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big well done babe! Such a twee picture of you. Cutie Pie! x

    ReplyDelete