Thursday, 28 March 2013

20 Questions with Daisy Banks


Full name: Daisy Banks
Genre you write for: Fantasy/Paranormal/Historical
Latest release: Your Heart My Soul with Liquid Silver Books released on 25th March 2013

1) If you were born in the regency era would you be above stairs or below?

Daisy: I’ve struggled to answer this, as I’d hate to be either above stairs or below. If I had to be born in that era I’d like to be a sailor, maybe a pirate, maybe a cartographer, I’d definitely want to be a man because I couldn’t stand the regency fashions for women, rich or poor. The rules of behaviour and etiquette would have me chewing my toenails. I think the best bits about the regency era are the exploration of new places and the scientific discoveries and inventions.

2) Shifter? Which would you be?

Daisy: A panther, stealthy and fast with sharp claws and a long tail. 

3) Favourite colour?

Daisy: Blue

4) Morning person or night?

Daisy: Morning. I love watching the dawn.

5) You're stuck on a desert island. Apart for your loved ones, which three things would you take and why?

Daisy: Swiss army knife, a pencil and a note pad. I’m relying heavily on my loved ones to have sensible things too, but the knife would be useful for day to day tasks, and the note pad and pencil is for me to write down lots of notes so I can turn the adventure into a story when we get rescued. 

6) What place in the world would you live out the rest of your days?

Daisy:The villa with its dream tower I visited in Portugal, a warm place where I could write and watch the sea every day.

7) If you weren't a writer what job would you have?
Daisy: Museum curator, that way I could tell the story of each of the objects to the visitors.

8) What did you want to be when you were a child?

Daisy: A pirate, an archaeologist, or a writer.

9) If you were only allowed to write for one genre for the rest of your life what would it be?

Daisy: Fantasy.

10) Tea or coffee?

Daisy: Coffee, strong and sweet, espresso with sugar lumps to dip.

11) What your favourite letter of the alphabet? Can be any alphabet in any language you speak.

Daisy: W for wish.

12) You are having a dinner party you can invite 5 other people, dead or alive, who are they?

Daisy: Peter Ustinov, Mozart, Cleopatra, Roger Le Strange, my husband.

13) What is your favourite word?

Daisy: Jezebel. My gran referred to all young girls who wore makeup as Jezebel’s and it always made me smile.

14) What is your favourite song?

Daisy: Ramble On by Led Zeppelin.

15) What environment do you write best in? Noisy? Silence? Music?

Daisy: Music mostly classical.

16) City, country or seaside?

Daisy: Seaside, I love the sound of the ocean.

17) If you could go back in time to any era, decade, age when would it be?

Daisy: I would pick Roman, there is much to recommend it, good plumbing, clean water, comfortable clothes, lovely houses with gorgeous interior decor, and a very relaxed attitude to sex. What more could you want?

18) PC or MAC

Daisy: I want a Mac! I want a Mac! I’ve got a PC with Windows 8 and I want a MAC!

19) Can you confirm that everyone does in fact need to know at least one CHERIE. Because well, we are geniuses... 

Daisy: Most certainly Cherie, a world without Cherie’s would be like a world without ice-cream. J

20) What can we expect next from you?

Daisy: Hopefully, there will be more stories. I’m working on a sequel to my story Timeless, I’ve recently submitted a fantasy space odyssey that I’m hoping will be accepted and I am beginning a new fantasy story about a healer with two guardians.

Buy links: All my stories are available at Amazon etc.

Personal links: I’ve a small website.
http://daisybanksnovels.yolasite.com/

Daisy: Thanks for the questions and the time on your blog.

You're very welcome!!

12 comments:

  1. Fun post and good answers!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a Mac too! My old one died and now I'm on a Windows lappy. Sigh. But Cleopatra? I wonder what her dinner conversation would be like.... hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post. I enjoyed learning more about you, Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jezebel is a fantastic word (and name)! Fun answers, Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Always got a chuckle out of the Jezebel thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the word Jezebel, too. I have a pc and have used Mac in the past and hated it. I'll stick with pc. :) Nice job, Daisy (that was my mom's first name)! I enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post...that Portuguese villa sounds dreamy! Congrats on your release!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed the post. I like silly stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea, what a great way to get to know a person. Jezebel is an awesome word, but my favorite is fiddlesticks. Lots of questions to make you think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great answers. A villa by the sea sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed the blog. I love that you invited your husband to the celebrity dinner. Sweet! Romance everlasting.

    ReplyDelete