Friday, 1 March 2013

20 Questions with @VanessaNWrites



Today I have the lovely Vanessa North answer those 20 questions.........


Full name: Vanessa North

Genre you write for: I’m a total genre slut (can I say that?) Contemp, paranormal, sci-fi.

Latest release: Cracked, 3/1 or Shifter’s Song 3/8

1) If you were born in the regency era would you be above stairs or below? 

Vanessa: Below. 

2) Shifter? Which would you be?

Vanessa: Bear shifter.
:)
 
3) Favourite colour? 

 Vanessa: Purple and green. I can’t pick just one.

4) Morning person or night? 

Vanessa: Morning. I know, I know. Everyone hates people like me.

5) You're stuck on a desert island. Apart for your loved ones, which three things would you take and why?  

Vanessa: My ipad, and one of those solar charger thingies so I can bring my kindle library with me, and my camera.

6) What place in the world would you live out the rest of your days? 

Vanessa: Asheville, North Carolina. Love it there.

7) If you weren't a writer what job would you have? 

Vanessa: Photographer.

8) What did you want to be when you were a child? 

Vanessa: Ballet dancer

9) If you were only allowed to write for one genre for the rest of your life what would it be?
 

Vanessa: Probably paranormal romance

10) Tea or coffee?

Vanessa:  Coffee, black. Oh, that wasn’t an offer?

11) What your favourite letter of the alphabet? Can be any alphabet in any language you speak. 

Vanessa: V of course.

12) You are having a dinner party you can invite 5 other people, dead or alive, who are they? 

Vanessa: Well, the Obamas, because they would totally be cutting up and playing footsie under the table; the photographer Joey L, because I love his work and he’s travelled some amazing places and I bet he has some awesome stories to tell; model Ricki Hall, because I’m a total pogonophile and his beard, OMG; and Rebel Wilson because she makes me laugh.

13) What is your favourite word? 

 Vanessa: Fuck. And I say it way more than a lady should.

14) What is your favourite song? 

Vanessa: This is kind of obscure, I guess, but “Happy Little World” by Chuck Brodsky, cause it’s kind of everything I feel about everything, I’m sort of desperately optimistic, and that song…it’s kind of sweet and silly and unapologetically optimistic and I love it.

15) What environment do you write best in? Noisy? Silence? Music? 

Vanessa: Oh god, silence, for sure.

16) City, country or seaside? I like them all. I actually love big cities, but spend most of my time in the country because I live far enough outside of Atlanta I’m kind of sub-rural. I like the ocean, but I’m a lousy swimmer, so I guess I pick City because it’s unusual for me.

17) If you could go back in time to any era, decade, age when would it be? I kinda like where I’m at, actually. Historically there hasn’t been a better time to be a woman.

18) PC or MAC 

Vanessa: Both.

19) Can you confirm that everyone does in fact need to know at least one CHERIE. Because well, we are geniuses...  

Vanessa: Yes, absolutely.

20) What can we expect next from you?
 
Vanessa: I have a short coming out in may in an anthology I’m sharing with my lovely interrogator--I mean interviewer—and also Lynn Lorenz and Lea Griffith. My short story is called “Ripped Awake” and it’s a pretty dirty little piece about a bear shifter who goes into hibernation in 1911 and wakes up in 2012.

Buy links:


Personal links:

Thanks for taking part Vanessa. See I can be gentle......when the mood takes me! 

And you learn somethingnew about authors everday right?

Until next time....remember..  you may think your Dom/me doesn't know....but they do and they are just waiting for the right time to pounce......don't say I didn't warn ya! 

10 comments:

  1. LOVE it,and I'm a morning person as well.May I join you on your island?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am NOT a morning person! So you and Raven can do the chore in the morning and then bring me my Earl Grey tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bleugh at mornings!! ;-)lol

    Nice to meet you, Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doris! :) And yeah, I know, but that's when I get my best work done!

      Delete
  4. I love the sound of Ripped Awake! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jorja! I am so excited about this anthology--it will be out 5/13 from Liquid Silver Books! :D

      Delete
  5. You're one busy lady with 2 book releases in March. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiru, yes, it's funny how release schedules work out that way sometimes, isn't it? I've definitely been hopping the last few months, but it's all been fantastic, so no complaints from me. :)

      Delete