Tuesday, 2 April 2013

20 Questions with @AryaGrey



Full name: Arya Grey
Genre you write for: Contemporary/Supernatural/Horror Erotica
Latest release: "Vintage Ink — Every Second Counts"

1) If you were born in the regency era would you be above stairs or below?

Arya: Probably below, but trying to work my way above. :)

2) Shifter? Which would you be?

Arya: If we're talking any kind of shifter I'd have to pick Snow Leopard. Such beautiful, strong, intelligent creatures.

3) Favourite colour?

Arya: The answer to this question changes all the time. I'd have to go with either blood-red or army-green, at the moment.

4) Morning person or night?

Arya: Night crawler, here. Mornings and I do not get along.

5) You're stuck on a desert island. Apart for your loved ones, which three things would you take and why?

Arya: I'd take a notebook, pen and my phone (for music, until it dies). All three of which take up roughly 85% of my day and usually combined. I don't know what I'd do if I could not document my thoughts.

6) What place in the world would you live out the rest of your days?

Arya: Well, I have a special love for Phoenix, but if I could choose anywhere it'd either be San Francisco or Stockholm, Sweden.

7) If you weren't a writer what job would you have?

Arya: Zoologist! Live my days out in Madagascar with the Lemurs. Sounds about perfect. J

8) What did you want to be when you were a child?

Arya: A fighter pilot…hilarious considering how much I hate flying now.

9) If you were only allowed to write for one genre for the rest of your life what would it be?

Arya: Paranormal/Supernatural. It is such a broad genre that I wouldn't feel too confined.

10) Tea or coffee?

Arya: Both? Tea in the morning, coffee in the afternoon.

11) What your favourite letter of the alphabet? Can be any alphabet in any language you speak.

Ayra: V. I particularily remember a speech from V in "V for Vendetta" that gives me goose bumps, even now.
"VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

12) You are having a dinner party you can invite 5 other people, dead or alive, who are they?

Arya: Sylvia Plath, Stephen Fry, Eddie Izzard, Salvador Dali and Billie Holliday. I'd never want that night to end. <3

13) What is your favourite word?

Arya: Ricochet. It's spelled wonderfully and sounds fantastic.

14) What is your favourite song?

Arya: I can't possibly answer this…music is my life as much as writing is. I can give you my top five songs of all time, though.
1. Tom Waits – Gun Street Girl
2. Etta James – At Last
3. Modest Mouse – Tiny Cities Made of Ashes
4. Misfits – We Are 138
5. At the Drive-In – Napoleon Solo

15) What environment do you write best in? Noisy? Silence? Music?

Arya: Music in headphones, dead of night, cup of tazo passion tea and a pack of cigarettes is my best working environment.

16) City, country or seaside?

Arya: Country for writing, seaside for fun.

17) If you could go back in time to any era, decade, age when would it be?

Arya: Victorian London. I just want to experience life then. I find it so fascinating, if not a little terrifying.

18) PC or MAC

Arya: MAC! ;) I used to be a PC girl (and still am for the odd videogame) but once I converted to a Mac for all my writing and social media, I'll never look back.

19) Can you confirm that everyone does in fact need to know at least one CHERIE. Because well, we are geniuses... 

Arya: Duh! And I know the bestest Cherie :)

20) What can we expect next from you?

Arya: "Dark Days" is a Horror Erotica that will release with Evernight very, very soon. Watch out for it!

Buy links:
Evernight Publishing : http://www.evernightpublishing.com/every-second-counts-by-arya-grey/


Blurb for "Every Second Counts":
Faye "Lux" Prescott has one passion in her life, her thriving tattoo business in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona. Creating art and working with her friends for a living — who has time or need for a man in her life?
All that changes when Brody Cameron walks into "Vintage Ink". The enigmatic stranger is booked for an impressive tattoo and Faye finds herself falling head over heels in lust — or is that love?
Brody's life has been tough, however, and when he reveals his secrets, can Faye help him move forward, or is their budding relationship doomed before it has even begun?
 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me, Cherie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers Arya! WooHooooo on the new release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new release. Victorian London would be my pick too.

    ReplyDelete