Wednesday, 10 April 2013

20 Questions with @LaurieSorensen


Full name: Laurie Sorensen
Genre you write for: Historical Romance (mostly)
Latest release: The Bride’s Journey by Evernight Publishing, also coming to print soon.

1) If you were born in the regency era would you be above stairs or below? 

Laurie: Great question. I think for the sake of being able to know all that is going on, I would want to be below stairs. The servants know everything, even if they act as if they don’t know a thing.

2) Shifter? Which would you be? 

Laurie: A Panther, cats rule!

3) Favourite colour? 

Laurie: Any shade of green.

4) Morning person or night? 

Laurie: Night Owl most of the time.

5) You're stuck on a desert island. Apart for your loved ones, which three things would you take and why? 

Laurie: A box of matches, a good book and my pillow.

6) What place in the world would you live out the rest of your days? 

Laurie: West Virginia. I am a military brat, and have lived in more places than I can count. I currently live in West Virginia, and have been here for almost 14 years now. Of all the places I have ever been, West Virginia is the place that feels the most like home to me.

7) If you weren't a writer what job would you have? 

Laurie: A Teacher, I am currently in college working toward a degree to teach.

8) What did you want to be when you were a child? 

Laurie: I wanted to be a pilot in the Air Force flying F-16’s.

9) If you were only allowed to write for one genre for the rest of your life what would it be? 

Laurie: Historical romance is my passion.

10) Tea or coffee? 

Laurie: Tea, preferably sweet iced tea.

11) What your favourite letter of the alphabet? Can be any alphabet in any language you speak. 

Laurie: Interesting question. I think my favourite letter would be “L”, It begins my name, and the word Love, so how can you go wrong with an L?...LOL

12) You are having a dinner party you can invite 5 other people, dead or alive, who are they? 

Laurie: Author Catherine Coutler, Author Stephen King, My grandparents Loretta and Walter Sorensen and my Grandpa Bud Poole.

13) What is your favourite word? 

Laurie: Passion

14) What is your favourite song? 

Laurie: Currently my favourite is ‘One More Night’ by Maroon 5.

15) What environment do you write best in? Noisy? Silence? Music? 

Laurie: For this one I would say something a little bit of all of that. Sometimes I need background noise like the TV being on, sometimes it is complete silence, to the point that the hubby takes the kids to a movie to give me that silence. And most times I have music on, all genres of music; whatever pique’s my interest on any given day.

16) City, country or seaside? 

Laurie: Seaside of course. Though I am not sure I would get much writing done, what with the ever changing ocean just waiting outside for me to sit on the beach all day and just watch the scenery.

17) If you could go back in time to any era, decade, age when would it be?

Laurie:  I would want to go back to the Civil War era. I love the passion of the time. Both the men’s passion for the rights they wants and the women’s passion for their men.

18) PC or MAC? PC, laptop.

19) Can you confirm that everyone does in fact need to know at least one CHERIE. Because well, we are geniuses... 

Laurie:   LOL, I most certainly can…I know more than one…does that make me a genius as well?...LOL

20) What can we expect next from you? 

Laurie: I quit my day job to devout more time to writing. I am working on a sequel for The Pirate Princess which I will submit to Evernight Publishing. I hope that it will be long enough to be able to put it with ‘The Pirate Princess’ and have them come out together in print. I am also working on two self-publishing projects, one of which is a book two of my Ravenwood series and the other will be a YA. And I am also working on another historical which I plan to submit to Evernight. That was just naming a few of the many I have that are all in some form, being worked on.


Buy links: The Bride’s Journey - http://www.evernightpublishing.com/the-brides-journey-by-laurie-sorensen/
                   The Pirate Princess -  http://www.evernightpublishing.com/the-pirate-princess-by-laurie-sorensen/
I took part in an Anthology for charity, benefitting the Musicares Foundation. The Anthology is called Music Speaks. I have a short contemporary sweet romance in the book. It is available for Kindle as well as in print

Personal links: Friend me on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/laura.mccomas.14
Follow me on Twitter – https://twitter.com/LaurieSorensen
Here is my website – www.lauriesorensen.com
Thank you for having me on your blog, I enjoyed the interview, you had some interesting questions.


THANKS LAURIE!!

3 comments:

  1. Great Interview. Nice to learn more about you, Laurie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had almost forgotten I even did this...I loved taking another look, thank you for having me on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, The Bride's Journey is now in Print - https://www.createspace.com/4220438

    ReplyDelete