Tuesday, 16 April 2013

20 Questions with Tara Quan


Full name: Tara Quan
Genre you write for: I’m a dabbler. Post Apocalyptic and Fantasy Romance thus far.
Latest release: Tower in the Woods (Undead Fairy Tales Book 1)

1) If you were born in the regency era would you be above stairs or below?

Tara: Above. I’m a bit of a princess. Come to think of it, where did that tiara go?

2) Shifter? Which would you be?

Tara: Squirrel. I’m a bright-eyed bushy-tailed hoarder.

3) Favourite colour?

Tara: Pink (ref. answer to question 1)

4) Morning person or night?

Tara: Night. I’m not awake until after my first three cups of tea.

5) You're stuck on a desert island. Apart for your loved ones, which three things would you take and why?

Tara: Pocket-knife: I think it will come in handy as both a weapon and a tool.
Matches/lighter: Without fire, we will not make it. My husband is the opposite of Survivor Man.
Pot: Water must be boiled to avoid dysentery.

6) What place in the world would you live out the rest of your days?

Tara: Assuming funds are not an issue: London
Assuming funds need to be stretched: Bangkok

7) If you weren't a writer what job would you have?

Tara: Teacher

8) What did you want to be when you were a child?

Tara: Writer (once I knew Princess and Witch weren’t real options)

9) If you were only allowed to write for one genre for the rest of your life what would it be?

Tara: Paranormal Romance

10) Tea or coffee?

Tara: Tea

11) What your favourite letter of the alphabet? Can be any alphabet in any language you speak.

Tara: R

12) You are having a dinner party you can invite 5 other people, dead or alive, who are they?

Tara:
Nalini Singh
Julia Quinn
J K Rowlings
Stephanie Meyer (Yes, I like the Twilight series. *Ducks the crumpled paper balls*)
Ken Follett (My husband needs to be occupied while I’m in fan girl heaven)

13) What is your favourite word?

Tara: Actually (or so I’m told by anyone who has read draft versions of anything I’ve written)

14) What is your favourite song?

Tara: All I Ask of You (from Phantom of the Opera)

15) What environment do you write best in? Noisy? Silence? Music?

Tara: Silence. Absolute silence.

16) City, country or seaside?

Tara: City. I’m completely dependent on public transportation. I haven’t yet learned how to drive (it’s on my to-do list) and I don’t like walking or biking.

17) If you could go back in time to any era, decade, age when would it be?

Tara: Permanently? None.
Just swinging by? Late 1940s. Whoever was in charge of drawing up random borders in Africa, Asia and the Middle East—he and I need to have a little chat. I really want to know what they were thinking.

18) PC or MAC

Tara: Mac

19) Can you confirm that everyone does in fact need to know at least one CHERIE. Because well, we are geniuses...

Tara: Of course. Who else would come up with these interview questions?

20) What can we expect next from you?

Tara: Warlock’s Pawn, an Arabian Nights-inspired fantasy romance, is scheduled for release by Liquid Silver Books on April 15, 2013. (Disclaimer: I believe I hit LSB’s hottest heat level with this one.)

Buy links:
http://www.lsbooks.com/tower-in-the-woods-p746.php
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B10AVJ8
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tower-in-the-woods-tara-quan/1114281150

Personal links:
http://www.taraquan.com

Thanks Tara!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tara! Okay that last comment might have just sealed the deal...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me over, Cherie!

      Hi Jorja! I did hit their highest heat level ;-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Tara. Hottest heat level. I've got to read that.

    I'd like to listen in to your conversation with whoever drew up those random country borders in Africa too. :)

    ReplyDelete