Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Because I suck at marketing.....

You think writing a book and editing it are all you have to worry about as an author. But you'd be wrong.

That's just the start. Then there is cover art designs and possible redesigns. There are Fine Line Edits and ARC's to proof.

Then starts the real fun - Marketing. And when I say fun... I don't actually mean fun. I mean painful not fun.

You all know I am slack when it comes to blog posts. But that's not because I don't want to talk to you all, I just don't think I am that interesting to be honest.

I am not a spammer so I won't continually post about my books. Because I find that annoying when authors do that, and I don't want to be annoying.

I attend conventions, but that's like once a year and I don't do signings because...shy.. and also I don't have any books in hardprint right now.

I'm told that the best form of marketing is writing the next book, which I really try to do, but if you follow me on social media you know that my life is not all writing. In fact it's very little writing and lots of the Every Day Job.

So the question is, what type of marketing do you repsond to? The occsional tweet or message on an authors FB page? Newsletters? Blogs?

Let me know how you like to hear about a new book coming out and hey, maybe I will suck slightly less at marketing....probably....possibly.... meh who really knows. heh

So until next time.... have I told you about my most recent release?


No seriously.... Until next time... remember what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment